Sensitive skin care’ is characterized by a few simple rules. However, even before we dive into the rules for sensitive skin care, it’s important to understand what sensitive skin is. Sensitive skin usually unable to tolerate any harsh conditions (environmental/other) and is easily irritated. Sensitive skin is more than likely dry, itchy, as well as flaky.
Additionally, it burns quickly in sunlight or wind, flushes often, and is aggravated by changes in weather, chemicals, and even simply by products in general. Those with fairer skin as well as little melanin, (a naturally occurring pigment that makes it possible for sun tanning) are most likely to be sensitive.
For this reason, some products are specially classified as sensitive skin care products. The degree of sensitivity can be vary from person to person. Sensitive skin is more than likely dry, itchy, as well as flaky. Additionally, it burns quickly in sunlight or wind, flushes often, and is aggravated by changes in the weather, chemicals, and even simply by products in general. Those with fairer skin,who typically have little melanin, (a naturally occurring pigment that makes it possible for sun tanning) are most likely to be sensitive. However you can simply treat and protect your sensitive skin by doing these simple steps;
Here are a few tips for sensitive skin care:
- Use sensitive skin care products only.
- Even within the range of sensitive skin care products, choose the one that has minimum preservatives, colorings, and other additives
- Do not use toners that contain alcohol. Use a toner that contains plant based ingredients.
- Wear protective gloves when doing laundry or other chemical based cleaning.
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun. Apply sunscreen lotion before getting out in the sun.
- Avoid exposure to dust and other pollutants.
- Use hypoallergenic, non pore clogging moisturizer as a sensitive skin care product
- Use cleansers that are alcohol-free. It is better to use oil based cleaners. Cleanse your skin whenever you return home.
- Do not scrub or exfoliate too hard. It can cause reddishness and even inflammation. Use the scrubs or exfoliants that are for sensitive skin
- Do not leave the makeup on for too long. Clean your skin with oil based cleanser before going to bed.
Cleansing your face is an important factor in maintaining healthy and smooth skin all day. Wash your face once in the morning and once at night, as well as after sweating heavily. Cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser that contains a winning combination of Organic Aloe, Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Kokum Butter and Jojoba oil. This cleanser will deeply moisturize your skin and leave your skin feeling soft and supple.
Use a toner after your cleansing. Toner will help to close the pores and balance the PH level of your skin. If you experiencing the dryness on your skin just spritz on face and neck and dry area this will help to refresh and moisturize your skin. Use the toner that contains Vitamin c, MSM, Geranium oil, tea tree oil, aloe vera, jojoba oil, green tea extract and other amazing plant based ingredients.
Moisturizing is very important for sensitive skin. If your skin is itchy or dry, apply a moisturizer. Generally, the thicker the moisturizer, the better. It is best to add a sunscreen in the morning and to use a creamy moisturizer at night to rehydrate the skin. Avoid ingredients such as sulfates, in particular, sodium lauryl sulfate and certain types of alcohol-based products that may cause further irritation. When applying any cream, be gentle around your eyes so you do not pull too hard on this delicate skin.
What am I missing here? Let me know in the comments and I’ll add it in!
Categorised in: Beauty, Healthy Skin Care Ingredients, Skin Care Tip